DAG is a great way to meet new people who share an enthusiasm primarily for hill walking. You will also meet people with other shared interests such as cycling and running.
It is a good idea to try out the club before you join by either coming along to one of the local walks or a weekend away.
- Monthly weekends away in England or Wales.
- Occasional other trips away, sometimes to Scotland.
- Occasional day local walks around the Hertfordshire countryside.
- Membership of the club is affiliated to the British Mountaineering Council (BMC), worth over £20 per year, and associated benefits including liability insurance. See https://www.thebmc.co.uk for details.
- Up to 15% discount in many specialist outdoor shops with your BMC membership card.
- Meet new people who share an enthusiasm for a range of activities.
- Occasional social events.
- Regular e-mails with updates, information of upcoming events and relevant opportunities for members.
Try the Club
Come along to a DAG event, meet members and find out more about the club:
- Weekends away – if interested in joining DAG try it out first by coming along on a weekend trip as a guest without paying membership first.
- Local walks – come and meet members on one of the regular day walks organised around the beautiful Hertfordshire countryside. There is no charge for these which are typically10 miles and usually involve a picnic lunch.
- Monthly Zoom chats – the club meets regularly on Zoom the first Tuesday evening of the month. These are informal chats to exchange news, meet prospective new members and make plans, including transport sharing for the next weekend away.
DAG membership is £30 per person per annum. This mainly covers the BMC club status membership and shows a commitment to being part of the group.
DAG’s membership year runs for 12 months from January to December which is in line with the BMC membership year. You can join DAG at any time by paying the fee and completing the Membership Application Form - download here in PDF format. If joining in Q3 or Q4, the membership for that year will be at a reduced price of £15.
If you have any further questions on membership please contact Jas Phugura, by e-mailing