DAG is a great way to meet new people who share an enthusiasm primarily for hill walking but with members interests extending to many other activities such as climbing, cycling and running you will meet people with many other shared interests.
It is a good idea to try out the club before you join by either coming along to one of the local walks, a club pub night or a weekend away.
- Monthly weekends away in the UK.
- Occasional other trips away, sometimes further afield.
- Regular day local walks around the Hertfordshire countryside.
- ‘Club Member’ status of the British Mountaineering Council (BMC), worth £13.25 per year, and associated benefits which includes liability insurance.
- Up to 15% discount in many specialist outdoor shops with your BMC and DAG membership cards.
- Meet new people who share an enthusiasm for a range of activities.
- Regular club pub nights and other social events.
- Regular e-mails with updates, news, information of upcoming events and relevant opportunities for members.
Try the Club
Come along to a DAG event, meet members and find out more about the club:
- Weekends away – if interested in joining DAG try it out first by coming along on a weekend trip as a guest without paying membership first.
- Local walks – come and meet members on one of the regular day walks organised around the beautiful Hertfordshire countryside. There is no charge for these which are typically10-15 miles and usually involve a pub/coffee stop.
- Club pub nights – the club meets regularly on the first Tuesday of the month at the Post Office Arms in Hemel Hempstead from 9pm. These are informal get togethers to chat over a drink, meet prospective new members and finalise plans for the next weekend away. http://postofficearms.co.uk/
DAG membership is £20 per person per annum. This mainly covers the BMC club status membership and shows a commitment to being part of the group.
DAG’s membership year runs for 12 months from January to December which is in line with the BMC membership year. You can join DAG at any time by completing the Membership Application Form - download here in PDF format. If joining in Q4, the membership for that year will be a reduced price of £10.